- 200g sustainable white fish fillet, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- Finely grated zest and juice
- ½ lemon, plus wedges to serve
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, plus extra to serve
- 1 tbsp capers, coarsely chopped
- Spray oil
- 25g cucumber, cut into ribbons (easiest to use a Y-peeler)
- 3 little gem lettuce leaves
- Mix the fish with the cornflour, most of the lemon zest, the parsley, capers, and some salt and pepper. Using damp hands, shape the mix into 1 large or 2 small burgers (see Make Ahead).
- Heat a few sprays of oil in a non-stick frying pan or griddle pan over a medium heat. Add the burger/burgers and fry/griddle for 4-5 minutes on each side until golden and cooked through.
- Toss the cucumber ribbons with the lemon juice and remaining zest.
- Arrange the lettuce on a plate with the burger/s and cucumber, then sprinkle with some parsley and serve with lemon wedges.